Wednesday 22 April 2009

Nico's Restaurant Puerto Pollenca

I'll post more pics tomorrow as I'm tired and off to bed now. Just thought I'd share this cute little story with you before I turn in....

My daughter Emily (age 4) fell in love with a Spanish waiter on holiday (who hasn't?). He worked in a Tex-Mex restaurant in Puerto Pollenca in Church Square called Nico's. We liked it so much we went in there about 3 times. The food was fab and not too expensive, and delicious (nachos & veggie fajitas, yum!) . The service was great, and the 2 really nice waiters who were working each time we were there took the time to be nice and spoke fantastic English.

On our last night we had a real blow-out meal there and he was there working again. He remembered us and said hello and was really nice when we said we were going home. We all thought he was nice and looked a bit like a Spanish Adam Sandler!! I think he thought Emily was sweet cos each time we went in he made a fuss of her. (I suppose her blonde hair and blue eyes are quite unusual in Spain!)

On the last night she drew him a picture and wrote her name on it, cos she said she loved him!! He was really sweet about it and made a big thing about sticking her drawing on the wall. So we had to take a photo of her drawing on the wall. (It wasn't a good photo as it was a bit out of focus but she was pleased!)

As we were leaving he said to Emily "I want a kiss senyorita!" So she kissed his cheek. She was really funny, went all coy and batted her eyelashes (who hasn't at some point in their life?)

I'm kicking myself now cos we didn't ask his name or get a photo of him. She still talks about it. Anyway, if you ever go to Puerto Pollenca try Nico's, it's great. Thoroughly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Clare , that is a beautiuful story . The food sounds yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww bless, what a cute story, what it is to fall in love with a spanish waiter...lol.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll find the waiters' name is Marcos. He is the co-owner along with an American named David. Lucky to have an apartment in the Port, and will point out your mail to Marcos on my return in November, both guys have daughters, so maybe there is the empathy.
    Agree, nico's is a happy place.

    ReplyDelete